As endlessly predicted, Apple’s unveiled a new iPhone today at WWDC, the iPhone 3G S — the “s” stands for speed. Although it looks almost exactly like the 3G, it’s much, much faster — some tasks are almost four times faster.
– Data speeds are upped to 7.2Mbps HSDPA,
– 3MP Camera with tap-to-autofocus and auto white balance
– Video Recording with editing features.
– Built-in compass
– Nike+ support
– New battery that offers 5 hours of 3G talk time and 9 hours of WiFi internet use.
There are some surprises, too
– holding down the home button now enables a new voice control interface that lets you do everything from make calls to control iTunes
– New “fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.”
The iPhone 3GS will be released in Australia June 26th