Get all the important information you need about AppleCare+ in this guide. Including what it is, benefits, pricing, potential savings, and more. All of which are designed to offer extended warranty, expert support, piece of mind, potential cost-savings, and more.
What is AppleCare+?
AppleCare+ is an Apple product and service which is available for eligible Apple products you’ve purchased up to 60-days after. And provides several benefits depending on the product. These include extended warranty, accidental damage repairs, 24/7 priory support, battery service, and more.
Features and benefits of AppleCare+ does vary between Apple’s key product range, as outlines below:
Mac Computers (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and more)
– Up to three years of support and additional hardware coverage directly from Apple – Two incidents of accidental damage, including screen replacement and other enclosure damage – 24/7 priority access to technical support – Battery service coverage
iPhone (iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone SE, and more)
– Up to two years of support and additional hardware coverage directly from Apple – Two incidents of accidental damage to your iPhone, earphones, and accessories – 24/7 priority access to technical support – Battery service coverage
iPad (iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, and more)
– Up to two years of support and additional hardware coverage directly from Apple – Two incidents of accidental damage to your iPad, Apple Pencil, Apple-branded iPad Keyboard, and more – 24/7 priority access to technical support – Battery service coverage
Apple Watch (Series 5, Edition, Nike+, and more)
– Up to two or three years of support and additional hardware coverage directly from Apple – Two incidents of accidental damage to your Apple Watch, and accessories – 24/7 priority access to technical support – Battery service coverage
The cost of AppleCare+ does vary depending on the product and model you’ve purchased. Recommended Retail Pricing for AppleCare+ in Australia for each product is as follows:
for iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, XS Max or iPhone X
for iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 7 Plus
for Apple Watch
for iPad, iPad Air or iPad mini
for iPad Pro
for MacBook/MacBook Air
for 13″ MacBook Pro
for 16″ MacBook Pro or 15″
for Mac mini
Potential Cost Savings
One of the main benefits of AppleCare+ is the piece of mind of being covered for accidental damage. While Apple does charge a service-fee for these repairs, the potential savings can go into the hundreds.
For example, if you accidentally broke the display of your iPhone 11 Pro Max it costs A$529 to fix. But with AppleCare+ it will cost just A$45. And should you accidentally break the display again, it will again only cost A$45. Or should you smash the display of your new iPad Pro it can cost up to A$1,049! But with AppleCare+ it costs just A$65.
In the table below you can see some examples of how AppleCare+ can result in substantial savings for accidental damage:
Broken iPhone display
Up to A$529 A$45
Up to A$484
Broken iPad Pro display
Up to A$1,079 A$65
Up to A$1,014
iPhone battery replacement*
Up to A$109 A$0
Up to A$109
iPad battery replacement*
Up to A$165 A$0
Note: Savings does not factor in cost of AppleCare+ purchase
* If battery holds less than 80% of its original capacity.
AppleCare+ can be purchased at the time of buying an eligible product or up to 60-days after. And can be purchased from Authorised Apple Resellers, or from Apple’s online store.