With the announcement of the new 2016 MacBook range, Apple have cut prices of the previous generation models on the refurbished store offering substantial savings of up to A$660 off the original price they sold at. Stock is limited, and can only be purchased here from the Apple website starting at A$1,439.
Every MacBook (and other products) sold on the refurbished store includes the same warranty, apps and support as you would get buying the new 2016 MacBook but have gone through a refurbished process which you can find more about before you make an order.
The differences between the 2015 and 2016 models are internal changes and not physical (other than the new Rose Gold finish) meaning the differences can be seen as fairly minor to most. The 2016 models feature 25% faster graphics, faster memory, new sixth-generation Intel Dual Core processor as well as 1 hour additional battery life of 10 hours wireless web along with 11 hours iTunes movie playback. Both generations still include the same 12-inch Retina Display and are the thinnest and lightest mac notebook available.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple’s one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple’s 14-day returns policy
- Supplies are limited
Pricing and Savings
Depending on stock, there are three models available each with three colours to choose from including Silver, Space Grey and Gold (the Rose Gold is only available on the 2016 model):
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core M – A$1,429 (Retailed for A$1,999 saving A$560)
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.2GHz Dual-core Intel Core M – A$1,829 (Retailed for A$2,499 saving A$670)
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.3GHz Dual-core Intel Core M – A$2,029 (Retailed for A$2,689 saving A$660)
You can view available stock and make an order from the Apple.com/au here.
If you’re looking for a discount on the 2016 range, Apple are offering education pricing with savings of A$70.