Apple has teamed up with the leading professional drone maker, DJI to exclusively launch the worlds smartest flying camera drone – The DJI Phantom 4 Camera Drone. The new drone can be ordered starting today from Apple Online with Australian pricing set at $2,399.95 complete with the DJI Phantom 4 aircraft, remote controller, flight battery and more.
The Phantom 4 has been completely re-designed to bring the most intelligent, advanced yet easiest to fly the drone. Brand new optical sensors allow the drone to see objects like a human eye – the drone will automatically stop or fly over the object, giving you the confidence to fly the drone safely.
Automatic visual tracking and obstacle avoidance provide a safe, smooth flying experience.
Flying the drone is easier than ever, connect it wirelessly to your iPhone or iPad, tap on the screen where you want the drone to go and the drone will automatically fly that direction, keep flying by tapping elsewhere on the screen. The drone can now track a particular subject and maintain its camera on that subject as it flies around – for example a person skiing down a mountain with a new feature called Visual Tracking.
Phantom 4 Features
- New optical lenses see and avoid obstacles
- Tap to fly to a direction by tapping the screen of your iPhone or iPad
- Visual tracking capabilities to keep the camera pointed at a particular subject
- Record 4K video at 30pfs, full HD 1080p video at up to 120fps and 12-megapixel photos in DNG RAW format
- New sports mode with speeds capable of 72 km/hr
- 28 minutes flying time from a single charge
- Advanced app control
Phantom 4 Pricing
The DJI Phantom 4 Camera Drone is officially priced at $2,499.95 in Australia and can be purchased now from Apple Online. You can choose from a number of delivery options including free shipping to your door, or pickup from an Apple Retail Store.
More information on the Phantom 4 can be viewed from the Apple website.