Music production on the Mac became a whole lot more powerful with a major update to Apple’s pro music app – Logic Pro X –bringing Alchemy Synths, Apple Music Connect Sharing, and a whole lot more.
Alchemy Synths is a major new addition to this update, you will now be able to discover, create and transform the sound you’re looking for from a library of over 14GB worth of content which results in over 3,000 sounds. Apple is calling this the next generation synthesizer plug-in bringing multiple sound generators, including: additive, spectral, formant, granular, sampler, and virtual analog. This may be particularly interesting to electronic artists, but will give flexibility to music producers across a range of genres.
Quickly find and shape sounds from the massive Alchemy library or create your own with a choice of synthesis engines and advanced morphing tools.
Pin-pointing the sound you want becomes an easy task with the new keyboard browser or by selecting a category, timbre and articulation of keywords. Once you’ve found the sound a range of performance controls give you the ability to easily customise the sound to suit your music.
- Click and drag on the Transform Pad to smoothly transition between eight sound variations.
- Automate controls to add intricate and compelling movement to any Alchemy track.
- Multiple types of synthesis in the same plug-in
- Combine up to four of the synth engines, which include additive, spectral, formant, granular, and virtual analog.
- Robust sampler that can import EXS24 instruments
- Manipulate audio in powerful new ways with the unique collection of tools.
Sharing your music is also a whole lot easier thanks to Apple Music Connect now integrated into Logic Pro X allowing you to share your music creation to followers around the world all with a Apple Music Connect Account.
- Force Touch trackpad support (a new generation trackpad on the New MacBook and MacBook Pro).
- 1,000 new Apple Loops from a variety of popular instruments and genres, including EDM, Hip Hop, Indie, Disco, Funk, and Blues
- Expanded MIDI clock options improve sync compatibility with external MIDI devices
- Multiple additional enhancement and stability improvements
All these new features comes in a free update to those who already have Logic Pro X. For those who don’t own it yet, it is available from the Mac App Store for just A$249.9. For more information on the new update check out the What’s New section on the Apple Website.