Apple Australia has announcing this morning a brand new iPad Air – the iPad Air 2, available to order from tomorrow (October 18th).
Not only does the new iPad come in gold, a colour the iPhone has enjoyed for some years now but it’s also thinner – 18% thinner in fact down to 6.1 mm. Plus new cameras, faster performance plus finally Touch ID, which is currently on the iPhone 5s, 6 and 6 Plus.
“iPad Air 2 is the thinnest and most powerful iPad ever. Touch ID gives iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 users a simple and secure way to unlock iPad with just the touch of a finger, plus the ability to authenticate within apps to better protect logins and data.”
- Thinner design (Just 6.1mm)
- New Gold option (Space Grey, Silver and Gold)
- Stunning new cameras
- Touch ID
- Faster performance in speed and graphics
- 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB storage options
Australian pricing for the new iPad Air 2 is as follows:
- 16 GB Wi-Fi: $619
- 64 GB Wi-Fi: $739
- 128 GB Wi-Fi: $859
With the Wi-Fi + Cellular models selling for:
- 16 GB Wi-Fi+Cellular: $779
- 64 GB Wi-Fi+Cellular: $899
- 128 GB Wi-Fi+Cellular: $1,019
The new iPad Air 2 can be purchased online from the Apple Online Store from October 18th.