The next major software update to Apple Mac computers has been announced this morning – Called OS X Yosemite.
What is new in OS X Yosemite?
- New design with new UI, icons, dock & more
- Enhanced notification centre – Widgets, ‘Today view’ & more
- Refined Spotlight search – New large search bar & results including search content from sites such as Wikipedia, Movies & more.
- iCloud Drive – Access your content stored on iCloud right on your Mac, providing your online ‘cloud’ storage.
- Mail – Ability to send large photos to friends & family.
- Brand new Safari with brand new design, sharing options & more.
- AirDrop – Now works between the Mac & iOS. You can now send files between your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch & Mac.
- Instant hotspot – Automatically have your Mac use your iPhones internet if you’re not near Wi-Fi.
- Access your SMS’s on your Mac & iPad (In addition to iMessage).
- Receive phone calls to your Mac if your iPhone is near by.
When can I get OS X Yosemite?
Officially “Spring”, you can sign up for a Public BETA here.
How much will OS X Yosemite cost?
It will be free from the Mac App Store.