Many of you have asked me to notify you when the pre order was to take place. With no pre order the best thing i can do is point out the best things you can do to get a iPad on launch day.
When’s iPad 2 launching?
iPad 2 is being released here in Australia at 5pm, March 25th! Thats this Friday!
Where’s the pre-order?
Apple Australia has said there is no pre-order, however you will be able to purchase online from 1am.
How much is the iPad 2?
iPad 2 16GB – Wi-Fi $579.00
iPad 2 32GB – Wi-Fi $689.00
iPad 2 64GB – Wi-Fi $799.00
Wi-Fi + 3G
iPad 2 16GB – Wi-Fi + 3G $729.00
iPad 2 32GB – Wi-Fi + 3G $839.00
iPad 2 64GB – Wi-Fi + 3G $949.00
Where can I buy an iPad 2?
iPad 2 will be sold at all Apple retail stores around the country at 5pm. You can see all Apple store retail store locations by clicking here.
iPad 2 will also be sold at:
- Apple Resellers (Find Resellers here >> – not all may not have stock launch day)
- DickSmiths Stores
- JB Hi-Fi Stores
- Myer Stores
How do i get one launch day?
Going off previous demand in launches like this if you want a iPad 2 launch day i suggest:
- iPad 2 launches at 5pm
- Arriving at your local Apple Retail Store VERY early.
- Expect to wait at the Apple Retail Store for possibly hours.
- Arrive very early at any DickSmiths, JB Hi-Fi Store.
- If you can’t wait i suggest order online at Apple very quickly.
I would also expect:
- Stock to run out at stores by lunch time.
- Apple Retail Stores will have most stock.
- Other stores won’t have many launch day. Last year some only had 10.
Bottom line is: If you don’t arrive/wait early at a store your chances of getting a iPad 2 launch day are slim.
Whats the cheapest iPad 2 prices?
I will be keeping my eye out on any iPad 2 specials and deals. Look out for the iPad specials and deals page